Sunday, November 4, 2007

Meat Raffle?

In the great Aussie tradition, last Wednesday night JL won THIS at the pub:

Oh, yes. This IS a tray of meat, and he won this tray of meat in a raffle at his local pub the Nags Head. The most, ummm, interesting thing about this is that he had a choice between the above and a $50 gift certificate.......But as he explained to me, the meat tray is a "great Aussie tradition".*

Since I had to carry this home, I was very glad we only had to walk across the street to get there....carrying a platter of raw meat under my arm at 11 p.m. was a little strange....

But long story short, look how HAPPY he is!!!!


Oh, the joy of meat!

* And as I explained in return, in the great "American tradition" I would be happy to eat it!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hey kristen!
i like your blog. i'm not much of a comments leaving type of person but i gotta say, that meat tray is fabulous. inspirational.
love, karen

Kristen said...

haha, well I'm glad you liked it! i'll have an update soon since we ate the lambs leg yesterday! :( Poor lammy!

xoxo