Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Chinese Charm Bag: Part II

And she's finally done!  Though I have to give my sister even more props, cause this thing was HARD for me to put together.  I can't remember the last time I sewed anything - I think I might have been 8 or so (I sewed my own barbie clothes.  I'm sure they were fabulous.) and this required me to sew together the lining and then sew it into the bag.  I had to do it all by hand, but I think it turned out OK.  Not great mind you, but I think it makes it look more handmade (or so I'm going to tell myself).  And, since its a present for my future sister-in-law, and she has been very well raised, she'll probably flatter it enough that I'll walk away thinking its a work of art.  


But then I'll always have this post to look back on to bring me back down to earth!

Anyway, without further ado, here is my version of the Chinese Charm Bag - TA DA:



And in other news, I made Nigella's Old Fashioned Chocolate Cake this weekend.  And boy was it good.


So good in fact, that this is all that is left....


It goes without saying that I haven't been on the scale this week.  **Sigh**

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

it looks great kristen! and yes, that thing was a real pain in the tookus to sew up--i put it off forever! if i remember correctly, you got your present really, really late that year!

love, karen

Deborah W said...

Mmmmmmm, that cake looks FAB! Too bad I'm on a flippin' diet....! Love the bag, too. The colors are exquisite; great choice on the yarn. Your SIL will love it!! Love, Deb

Anonymous said...

Very nice job, Kristen. I'm sure she will love the bag. I, however, was much more impressed witht the cake. Yummmm. Having eaten my share of pumpkin pie this week, I guess I will have to skip deserts for awhile. Love, Mom

Lisa Uskali said...

Who ARE you and what did you do with my sister?????

Lisa

Heather and Spencer said...

I think you may have to make that cake while you are out here...

Michelle said...

are you saving that piece for me????
mmmmmm.... yum. I had no idea you were THAT amazing. I mean, I knew you were amazing. after all we ARE twins. but I have to admit, you outdo me girl.

Anonymous said...

Kristen, When are you going to update your blog? I have been waiting patiently, but . . . ?? I would like to know how your sister-in-law to be (wow, that's quite a title) liked the charm bag. Let me know. Love you, Mom