Thursday, November 6, 2008

Whoops I did it again....

Yes, I have.  I have done it again.


In pure K-style, I have once again almost cut off a finger....I'm totally cool like that.  Luckily JL rushed home from work to assist me (in stopping the bleeding) and now it just looks like this:


On the up side, I didn't have to cook dinner after that (we got take-out Thai....yummmm) but it has made me even slower in both the typing and knitting arena.  But don't you fret yourself - I'm forging ahead as usual.

I think JL may be putting a moratorium on my use of sharp implements, especially since the great New Year's blender incident.

In other news, I am officially a Ravelry gal now.  I've already used it to find other knitty types that live in the lower north shore of Sydney so I'm pretty psyched.  Oh, and no, it does not escape my notice that I am psyched about something that involves yarn, but there you have it.  Frankly, I think I just like the excuse to sit a lot....

And FINALLY, there is good news on the visa front.  Everything has been put in to the immigration department and there are high hopes that I might be able to start work on Monday.  It'll be good to be getting a paycheck again, but I have to say, I'm going to miss all the time at home.  Not that I do much that is worthwhile but I have got a decent amount of knitting done, I get to spend a lot of time with the dogs, I learned to sell stuff on ebay (I'm getting that durn wedding dress if it kills me!) AND yesterday I made these:

Sweet.  

Oh, and I totally recognize that Halloween was like, ummm, a week ago, but for those of you that have been the lucky recipients of my Christmas cards....in February...you know this is actually quite timely for me.  Plus, they are so ARTFULLY RENDERED it really isn't important when exactly they were made (hahahah....sheesh).

And just for fun....here is my very artistic rendition of JL.   I call it "On the Weekend".  Love the polka dots/stripes combo baby!


[Apologies for the fuzzy photos.  I'm a very good photog too, doncha know.]

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kristen, Just got home and read your blog. How did you cut your finger? Did you have stitches? I think you should NOT use sharp instruments! See you soon. Love, Mom

Lisa Uskali said...

Ha! Kristen, I cut MY hand a couple weeks ago, too! I had a few stitches, and much laughter from Meg while she drove me and my bloody hand to the hospital!!! Maybe it's something in our family...we shouldn't use sharp objects????
Hope your finger heals quickly....
Lisa

Heather and Spencer said...

I agree with my mom...our family should not use sharp objects (this includes those who marry in). My mom cuts her hand, your dad puts a nail gun through his, Spencer trys to drill through his finger and you cut your finger??? SOmething is wrong with our family!