Friday, July 25, 2008

Making lemonade out of lemons (and other good ideas)....

As I've gotten older I've noticed a disturbing trend....I have to pee...a LOT. I never used to have to get up in the night to go to the toilet, and I don't recall having to dash from Banana Republic to the public toilets in the mall either. I certainly didn't have to sprint past the dog and into the bathroom the minute I got home from work (poor dog) without even so much as a Howdy Do.

But now I feel like I spend half my life in, or wanting to be in, a place where emptying the bladder is a perfectly acceptable activity. And I'm here to tell you, it's definitely not acceptable everywhere.

But there is a point to this toilet talk - two words: urine therapy.

You heard me boys and girls...u-rine-ther-a-py. It's a real thing.

Apparently, by drinking your own urine (there is no mention of the medicinal benefits of drinking other people's urine surprise, surprise) you can cure the following ailments:

* the flu
* the common cold
* broken bones
* toothache
* dry skin
* psoriasis
* AIDS
* allergies
* animal and snake bites
* asthma
* heart disease
* hypertension
* burns
* cancer
* chemical intoxication
* chicken pox
* enteritis
* constipation
* pneumonia
* dysentery
* edema
* eczema
* eye irritation
* fatigue
* fever
* gonorrhea
* gout
* bloody urine (what???)
* smallpox
* immunological disorders
* infections
* infertility
* baldness
* insomnia
* jaundice
* hepatitis
* Kaposi's sarcoma
* leprosy
* lymphatic disorder
* urticaria
* morning sickness
* hangover
* obesity
* papilloma virus
* parasitoses
* gastric ulcer
* rheumatism
* birthmarks
* stroke
* congestion
* lumbago
* typhus
* gastritis
* depression
* cold sore
* tuberculosis
* tetanus
* Parkinson's disease
* foot fungus
* diabetes

And most exceptionally....AGING!

Anyway, since urine appears to be a cure for, well, just about everything, and since I seem to have an overabundance I've decided to (da da daum) sell it!!!

I think I'll start with a small kiosk in the mall, right near the half-off sunglasses.....I'm bound to get some of the overflow business from Boost Juice!

KMH - who is busily guzzling water, as she types....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Selling urine...overflow business...heh heh...

Heather and Spencer said...

That is disgusting. Let me know how this works out for you...maybe I could make some money as the stay at home mom???