Monday, July 21, 2008

There were 9 in the bed and the little one said....

As most of you know, I come from a big family....wait, I should re-phrase that....a BIG family. 7 kids, something like 18 nieces and nephews, 2 great-nephews, one great niece and a slew of cousins (too many to count frankly; my math ain't that good). It's always been great, and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but to be perfectly honest....that's BIG enough.

Well, the other day JL and I got an email from his cousin in which he stated, "I can't believe we'll all be related to Kristen" (fyi, I took that as a good, "I can't believe" so no one say anything different dang it!). And all of a sudden it hit me....my family just grew. A. Lot.

JL is one of 5 kids. With our 7, that's 12 combined siblings. Plus their kids. Plus aunts and uncles, cousins, nieces and nephews, AND a future mother and father-in-law!

Basically, I'm now terrified of Christmas.

Luckily the "L" clan (of JL) is without exception lovely. And I get to have little nieces again - adorable ones at that!

Sarah and Grace. So freaking cute! And its good to know that JL's genes are okey dokey! :)

So, here's to the combined "L" and "H" clan! Proof that bigger is always better (and anyone that says differently lies).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So your family is growing? And you haven't even started yet! I think it is great. Large families are wonderful, and little Grace and Sarah are darling. Hope I get to meet them someday. Love to you both. Mom