Thursday, August 21, 2008

Dude! I am SO in!

Yes, that's right. You're looking at the newest member of the "in" crowd. Yes, indeedy. I have finally.....been tagged! Being on the outside looking in, this whole tagging thing has always seemed something that the cool blogging kids did....you know, like the Friday night parties in the park, and the 3 a.m. Denny's runs.

So when my friend Michelle (M-Dog) tagged me I was thrilled! Of course, you know I'll need a new wardrobe now. Or are the cool kids still wearing pleated skirts and patent leather flats? (Don't laugh - that is exactly what I am wearing at work today....with a turtleneck, snap!)

Anyway, M-Dog is one of my oldest friends...though we lost touch for awhile as you do when people start to get married and move, ummm, I don't know, across the world! I am so happy that we're back in contact. Oh the crazy things we used to do....*sigh*... So here's to you M-Dog....

List: List 3 joys, 3 fears, 3 current obsessions/collections and 3 surprising facts:

Joys:
1. Lucy and Chops - dogs extraordinaire! Both shelter rescues, both a bit funny looking, both so sweet you could break a tooth on 'em!
2. JL -- I had to wait until I was 31 to meet him, but it was totally worth it. Not to get all sappy but he is the best man that I know (other than my father of course, but that pretty much goes without saying). Plus he made me apricot chicken for dinner last night, so you know he has a free pass for like a week!
3. Mexican Food -- what can I add to this? Its fab.

Fears:
1. Spiders -- see earlier post on Spider Wrangling. Enough said.
2. Hawaii -- OK, so I hate Hawaii. I mean, really really dislike it. I went to school there for a bit and don't let those fakey touristy people fool you.....it is rough. And people are mean. But, in deference to the greater good I am getting married there....*sob*....
3. Visas (aka, "Green card-a-phobia") -- getting a "potential spouse visa" in Australia is pretty much like having your teeth pulled without Novocaine. We will, in all likelihood, be subjected to an interview. Its pretty scary when you start having conversations like this, "what, what do you mean you don't know what my favorite movie is? what if we get asked that in the interview? accckkkk!" in the middle of the street.

Obsessions:
1. Mexican Food -- see above.
2. Dogs -- I want 12. Seriously. JL and I are currently in negotiations for Dog #3. He says once we have a house....I consider this the opening offer...
3. Wedding etiquette rules! -- this will be the subject of its own post. Suffice it to say, I know the rules baby, and JL, much to his continued annoyance, is learning them as well!

3 Strange Facts:
1. I once broke Marion Jones' collarbone and wrist during a basketball game. I used to be mildly ashamed of this. Now....not so much.
2. I read, The Fountainhead, when I was 11 1/2. This does not make me cool. I really didn't understand it. But I read it and wrote a paper on it and submitted it to a magazine! I'm still waiting for my response from them! The mail must be slow. :)
3. My first crime was stealing a barbie "clothe" from the kindergarten play area when I was in pre-school. We were visiting the "big kids school". Yeah....I showed them who the big kid was! I'm pretty sure I've been forgiven of this crime since I was only like 5 when it happened....

Now I have to tag 3 people and since I don't really know anyone other than my family, you guys are it:

Deb, Heather, Laurel!

Thanks M-Dog. As always, you rock!

6 comments:

Kirsten said...

I'm shocked and appalled by the theft at 5....no, really shocked! I don't think you've been forgiven,and I think that you are going to have to donate something to that school to make up for it, in fact, I'm pretty sure of it....get on it!

Lisa

Michelle said...

You keep me laughing! I bring home stray dogs all the time to find their homes or new better homes. I wanted to start an animal rescue thing in my backyard, but you have to pay the city fees for doing them the favor of taking care of the stray dog problem. whatever!!!!
I once had 5 stray dogs at the same time. that lasted for 3 days. I know am the proud mommy of one of those 5 dogs beautiful little puppy.
how funny that my "evil twin" likes dogs too! sounds like you are as obsessed as I am.

Heather and Spencer said...

In my defense, I didn't drink a bottle of kitten formula...it was in a dixie cup! At least I only steal things from animals, unlike you...stealing from little kids!

Deborah W said...

I hate tagging! Never-the-less I participated; see my response at www.debztalkin.blogspot.com. Love, Deb

Unknown said...

Will all Valley View Junior High and Simi Valley High School graduates please stand up?
Brandi (Friedrich) Mitchell here to say CONGRATULATIONS on your engagement!!!! I hope you are still singing songs from the Little Mermaid (you do a great Ursula) and pretending to have a NKOTB fan club! I'm so glad my sister (Kristy) found your blog and forwarded it to me! I remember what an amazing writer you were in AP / Honors English...some things never change. You look great in your pics and I look forward to reading more. Cheers! ~Brandi

theleguis said...

kristen- I too felt cool to finally get tagged. of course it had to be my geeky older sister. (J/K shell i love you!) I love the name of your blog it made me laugh.But you are much more intersting than me. I always think i'll have alot to say buut then have nor original thoughts.
amen to the visa crap. i went through all that here in "the states" they asked us if we were going to have children and my husband said no. I corrected several of his answers like my birthdate and we passed in 5 minutes. i guess they took my irritation as very wifely. I was a little disappointed they didn't even ask any personal questions or want to see my wedding album.