Friday, October 5, 2007

Why I'm Glad I'm Not an Old Man

We just got a new associate in our office. She's young. She's thin. She's very pretty. (She's also called Robin.) Plus she has a cute Texas/German accent (I know, but it works)!

We also have an older, grey-haired, male partner in our office.

I just overheard this conversation:

Partner: Robin....Rob.....Ob.....Bin.....
Robin: errr, yes?
Partner: Does anyone ever call you anything but Robin?
Robin: Hmmmm, not really, no.
Partner: Really? Never?
Robin: Umm, no. Just Robin.
Partner: Not even Rob?
Robin: Err, ummm, nope, just Robin.
Partner: Hehe, I'll call you Rob then!
Robin: Ummm, ok....

Why can Old Men get away with anything? I wanted to smack him and say, you're old, you're gray, you're married! You can't flirt with a pretty Texas/German girl when your skills are out of date by 3 decades!

But I didn't.

Next time for sure.

No comments: