Friday, February 8, 2008

Politicking.....Eli Style

As many of you are aware, the States are currently in the throes of a wild democratic party primary race....Obama versus Hillary. My friend Eli (see previous Halloween post for an accurate portrayal of Eli), is a staunch Obama supporter, even going as far as to attend the Obama-thon. No, you didn't misread that....I really did just type O B A M A - T H O N!

Anyway, Eli has taken upon himself to do some "politicking" (his word, not mine). So far this has taken the form of chat room abuse of Hillary supporters, picking political fights with women at bars and adopting the following motto:

"Vote with your heart....not with your vagina!"

The above was apparently said repeatedly by Eli at a party last weekend he attended. I'm sure his hosts were thrilled. His friend Nate (who, previous to this conversation with Eli, I firmly believed was the least tactful person ever born, and who happened to be at the party with Eli), witnessed a woman run crying from the elevator.....with Eli closely on her heels!

When he told me his motto, I was sort of stunned into silence, which is, frankly, unusual for me. But apparently that was the right reaction as Eli says his intent is (and I quote) "to shatter their world....shatter their world."

By the way, this is the man currently caring for my beloved Lucy. Should I be concerned?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes, you should be concerned about Lucy. Get her back quickly. Mom

Anonymous said...

Scary....very scary! Tell Eli that Lucy is short for Luciano, and that she's actually a boy dog. Maybe she'll be safe then!