Friday, February 29, 2008

Shooting From The Hip

WARNING
The below has 3 instances of Rated R cursing. I apologize, but I feel this is necessary for a true telling of this story. (Again, sorry Mom!)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have a bad boss. Wait....I really mean it....a bad bad bad BAD boss. He is rude, overbearing, back-stabbing, and a bully. I could give you numerous examples of the kind of guy he is, but I'll just tell you one, from today:

______________________________
Bad Boss: [Charging into my office, no greeting, no knock; begins spastically shaking an agreement at me.]

WHY DID YOU ADD THIS PROVISION? ITS NOT IN THE MODELS! WHY DID YOU DO THIS? DO YOU WANT TO MAKE ME LOOK STUPID!

Me: It was in your mark-up, so I made the changes.

Bad Boss: WELL WHAT THE F*CK DO I KNOW? I'M JUST SHOOTING FROM THE HIP! YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE F-CKING MODELS.! IT'S NOT F-CKING ROCKET SCIENCE! [Charges out of office]
______________________________

Now what I truly love about this story is that he is such a colossal fool that he doesn't even recognize that either (a) it truly is rocket science since he screwed it up in the first place or (b) maybe, as a partner in a law firm, he should KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING??? Eh, maybe its just me.

By the way, this is not the first time this has happened. Uh, no. It's just the first time today. AND this is coming on the heels of working until midnight or later for the past three days.

My life rocks.....

Bad bosses aside, I've been working so much that JL has been taking on all of the party preparations himself! What party you ask? Oh, we're having a housewarming party....yes, yes, you're all invited....IN AUSTRALIA! He has been doing very well, but today he made the mistake of asking me what he should be doing tonight. So I sent a list:

General tidying up of all common areas
Clean the kitchen
Clean the floors (including the bathroom floor which is grody)
Straighten up/hide all the stuff in bedroom
Clean the courtyard
Wipe down the outdoor furniture, including the green chairs (note: kill those spiders!)
Clean off the airconditiong unit (which is mainly my stuff I know)
Organize the furniture etc. to allow for seating etc.
Prepare music
Cook dumps
Bake brownies
Cook chorizo and prepare the skewers
Buy prawns and milk and anything else left off the list?
Get ice
Get rid of dead flowers
Get recycling box up from garage
Vacuum
Shred chickens for pita pockets
Boil 8 baking potatoes

Oh, and this is for tonight! The party is tomorrow!

But get this. I sent him this list and you know what he said? "Thank you for the list. There were things on there I didn't think of!" Hahahahahaha! Well, at least he makes up for Bad Boss!

I suspect JL might think his life was much simpler before he met me!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CHOPSTAR UPDATE
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've started walking her in the morning and she is being such a good girl now! Sleeps through the night even! I'm very happy she's come back!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a guy! I think he makes up for two bosses - no wait. Before I say that, how did he do?

Anonymous said...

What are dumps? Anything like dumplings? Love, Mom

Heather and Spencer said...

Uh...rough day? If it makes you feel any better, I work with stupid people too! Hope tomorrow is better and your party is fun!
~your fav niece~
Heather

Anonymous said...

Further Chopstar update:

Thanks to her new-found ability to (1) sleep all night, and (2) hold it in for more than 5 mins at a time, Chops was recently upgraded on the party-pooper-boyfriend-can-we-keep-her scale from "No" to "Maybe".

That was before she decided to do a runner from the park yesterday morning, dodging through four lanes of rush-hour traffic, running into the underground train station a half mile away...me stumbling after her in a pair of flip flops...through the turnstiles (no ticket!), back through the turnstiles again...just as I go through...and out the other side, trying to find Kristen who'd just caught the train to work.

The party-pooper-boyfriend-can-we-keep-her scale now reads "Humph".
JL