Friday, December 7, 2007

Australia in the News....


I was sitting quietly on my couch with Lucy on one of my last nights in New York when lo and behold the nightly news (Fox News, natch*) actually mentioned Australia.....and without there having to be an Olympic event going on.

And here is the story that made it:

"Taunting Thieves Steal 17 Tons of Ham, Bacon in Australia"

Definitely, DEFINITELY, check it out here. I mean, its worth the click. Not because the story itself is so interesting (though it really is.....) but because I'm frankly astounded that of all the things going on in Australia, THIS is the story that got reported.

Fox News folks....as their catch phrase goes... "We report. You decide."**

* I had to look this up, but "natch" means "naturally" ..... natch. I suspect there must be a degree of sarcasm involved.
** If you think this is some kind of political judgement on Fox News, you should note that I first learned about Britney and K-Fed's pending divorce from CNN.com (headline news, ladies and gentlemen)....
*** ABSOLUTELY funniest response to this report....."At least the note didn't say Happy Hanukkah."

No comments: