Tuesday, December 18, 2007

"There is a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."

JL just bought me a fishing pole....and its pink!

In response to my receiving such a lovely gift we had the following conversation*:

Me: I love it and cannot wait to get out there to show those fish a thing or two.

JL: I'm so glad. It was on sale.

Me: I'm pretty sure I'll catch a few just because my rod is so fashionable.

JL: Oh, yes I'm sure.

Me. .....and I'm sure the pink color will lull those snappers into a sense of wonder and acceptance of their fate. I mean, who wouldn't want to be snagged by such a beautiful object.

JL: Fish are color blind babe.

* NO WE DIDN'T. I JUST MADE THIS UP. But I did have the whole conversation (both sides) in my head so in some weird and twisted reality it actually did happen.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

Kristen said...

Thank you very much! I'll definitely check out your website!