Monday, December 31, 2007

Lamb Chop (aka, the "Chopstar" or "Choppers")

So Adopt-A-Dog has finally come to live with me.....AND HERE SHE IS:

I know, she is kind of funny looking, but sooo adorable in person. We've had her for about 3 weeks and she already thinks she owns the place. She loves to climb right under the covers at night and burrow down to the bottom (no I don't let her stay there....too often). She also loves to eat the mulch out of the garden....I don't know, maybe its the fiber.

Anyway, as much as I love her, and love having her around (especially during my convalescence (which I will post about later) she has had her share of issues already. Here they are (in short form format):

* She was NOT housebroken and has proceeded to do her business in every room in the house besides the kitchen.
* She did not know how to walk on a leash.....soooo JL and I had to suffer through several walks where she just sat there and we finally gave up and carried her!
* She had/has fleas....which refuse to die even after 3 flea baths and 2 doses of Frontline.
* She loves to bark at the gardeners who have been working every day next door. She just sticks her head under the fence and goes to town!
* She had a seizure (or something) that made her unable to walk for a brief period of time. Which resulted in me grabbing her up (in my bandaged and cast covered arms), running to the car (which I can't drive since its the other side of the road here) and rushing to the vet (whose whereabouts were not a little bit fuzzy to me) only to get there and find out that she's pretty much fine.....other than the kennel cough! If its not one thing.....Sheesh.
* Every single time JL gets here she wees on the floor. Every. Single. Time.

So long story short, things have been quite exciting over here for us and the 6 pound Lamb Chop (she came with that name....which we promptly shortened to Chopstar or Choppers). JL has been quite understanding what with all the wee and fleas about (and has thus retained his Rockstar Boyfriend Status).

No comments: