Monday, December 3, 2007

Stacy's Black Eye

In response to my sister Debbie's request in her blog (see http://www.debztalkin.blogspot.com/) I will tell the story of "Stacy's Black Eye".


I went to college in Utah, and Stacy was my best friend and roommate. We used to do everything together. One day we went to the mall and after hours of "window shopping" (we were poor students) we were hungy. So we went to the food court to get some potato chips and a gossip magazine to read while eating them. As it was a really busy day at the mall we had to share seating so we sat at a table with some random man and put the chips between us. All of a sudden, this man reached across the table and ate one of our chips. We were in total shock, but how do you say to someone, "ummm, excuse me, I think you're eating our chips", so instead, Stacy just ate one herself. We sat there for a little while in silence pretending to read our magazine with the air thick with tension. And can you believe it...he ate another one! So Stacy ate another one....and then he ate another one, and then Stacy! They went back and forth with this for a while until they were all gone and then the man stood up and walked away. Stacy and I looked at each other in shocked awe, and then burst out laughing. That is, until we picked up our magazine and realized that our bag of chips was underneath!
I was so angry I punched her in the eye (see picture below)!


THIS STORY IS A TOTAL FABRICATION....every ounce of it. Stacy's black eye was actually caused by me trying to get out of the backseat of a hatchback car and her eye getting in the way of my flailing elbows. Poor girl. She still likes me though....I think!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!! Great story about the chips! Every time the subject of Stacy's black eye comes up you make up another story! love, Deb