Thursday, October 30, 2008

Chinese Charm Bag: Part 1

Two Christmases ago, my little sister gave me a lovely hand-knit bag.  It was from a pattern in "Stitch-n-Bitch - The Knitter's Handbook".  I loved it so much, I decided to make one for my (future) sister-in-law for Christmas this year.  It was really easy, just a simple garter stitch knit in the round.  So easy in fact, that I cast on yesterday, and bound off today!  And I loved loved loved the yarn, so it was pretty fun too (which is always a good thing).  I still have to put it together (i.e, put on handles, and a lining), and today I found an online shop that sells Japanese silk remnants.  I got a whole load of beautiful silk fabrics for so little money (but now, of course, I am going to be knitting Chinese Charm Bags for like the next 9 years)....


Anywhoo, here is Chops modeling the completed knitting portion of the bag (doesn't she look happy?):


Pattern:  "Stitch-n-Bitch - The Knitter's Handbook", p. 169, Sylvia Mahoney's Chinese Charm Bag
Yarn:  Noro, Silk Garden, 1.5 50 gram skeins
Needles:  US10 circular

As an aside, I just got back from driving myself to and from the doctor's office - BY MYSELF!  And I didn't even hit anything!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your knitting looks great, Kristen. And driving too! Gosh, you are growing up. Now that you can actually drive on the other side of the road, I think I will be nervous to let you take my car here in CA! I still have bad dreams of the trip to Gram's funeral!! See you soon. Love, Mom

Anonymous said...

your bag looks so cute! i love it. it's funny-i just knit something out of that same kind of yarn...weird.

love,karen